What's So Great About Downtown Sanford?
Sanford is located halfway between all the tourist attractions in Orlando and "The Worlds Most Famous Beach" Daytona Beach. This makes it such a convenient location to live and vacation. You won't ever have to deal with the overcrowding that can be a nuisance at the normal tourist destinations and you get the joy of being amongst historic buildings and walkways.
Downtown Sanford especially is a magical place to come watch the sunset. The southern shore offers such a beautiful unobstructed view of the sunset that you will find yourself in awe. The rustic look of the old docks that are no longer connected to shore but still are visible to passersby is a great location for pictures. I can't forget to mention the veteran's memorial park which is the perfect place to appreciate and respect the ultimate sacrifices our service members made. And if you are inclined the crappie fishing is pretty good in that area. The newly constructed jogging path along Lake Monroe will take you past the marina which is home to hundreds of sailboats. On a calm day, this can be one of the most picturesque views in all of Florida.
Once you have taken in the beauty of the lakefront and start to move more inland you get to the cobbled streets of Downtown Sanford. You just get the feeling that everything is exactly how it was built which gives an amazing small-town feel. One thing that makes downtown Sanford feel so small and unique is that they don't allow franchisees to open up shop in the historic section. This means when you go out for a night on the town you are truly supporting only small businesses.
Diverse Food Options
Another unique thing about downtown Sanford is the true diversity in the culinary selections. From authentic Indian cuisine to mouth-watering Korean bulgogi Sanford certainly doesn't lack for food options. Here are some of the top options in Downtown Sanford:
- The Tennessee Truffle - (Southern Cuisine) Number: (407) 942-3977
- Hollerbach’s Willow Tree Cafe - (German Cuisine) Number: (407) 321-2204
- The District Eatery, Tap & Barrel - (Seasonal American Cuisine) Number: (407) 330-2730
- Shantell’s Soul Food - (Soul Food) Number: (407) 878-7785
- El Zocalo - (Mexican Cuisine) Number: (321) 363-4111
- The Smiling Bison - (Farm To Table) Number: (407) 915-6086
- Buster’s Bistro - (Gastropub) Number: (407) 732-6880
- Sanford Brewing Company - (Craft Brewery) Number: (407) 732-6419
- The Old Jailhouse - (Seasonal Sun Belt Inspired Cuisine) Number: 407-548-6964